We can turn off the light when we go out the classroom (we already have motion sensors in the corridors) and we can change the windows to have more natural light.
1. Switch off the lights when leaving the room or if it is no needed
2.Place motion sensors on essential outdoor lamps
3. Direct street illumination towards the ground
4. Use natural light during studying whenever we can, but use LED or Halogen lamps at night.
1. Use movement sensing light device (lights switch on when needed) in the down corridor.
2. Change light bulbs to LED.
3. Use more natural light when possible - we have huge windows.
We don´t have a big problem with light polution as most of our classrooms are facing the south and we have a lot of windows in the corridors. It means we have enough natural light. In case we have to use electric light we have small cards next to each light switch. On each card there is written – Switch off.
Our school is irregularly illuminated. We could:
- take advantage of natural light
- use only necessary lights
- be sure to turn off all lights when we leave
- build larger windows to get more natural light
- paint walls in white or in light colours
- lower the lights of some classes fifty centimeters
- lower the ceiling if the lights are placed too high
- open blinds during the day
- put students' tables parallel to the windows