Sustainable eating is about choosing foods that are good for our environment and our bodies. In addition to a sustainable diet, how food is produced, distributed, packaged and consumed is important. A big part of a sustainable food system is reducing food waste. Although there are differences in the provision of school meals across Europe, meals consumed at school are an important part of children's diets.
- Sustainable food is environmentally responsible, fair and accessible, local, healthy, and not wasted.
- Teaching children how to grow their own food can have a huge impact on their future.
- Do you know what types of meals your school provides for students and school staff?
- Are there strategies in place to reduce food waste?
- Is there a place in your school where you could teach students to grow their own food?
For this project theme we did different activities with at our schools, including:
- building school garden at every scool
- making a seed bank
- visiting local supplier of produce/Ingredients for school kitchen
- cooking vegetables we produced with students
and many more you can find in subpages!