- CREATIVITY: create a radio programme on active citizenship and sustainable development. Teach children creativity processes.
- CURRICULUM: English writing, reading, speaking and understanding; vocabulary environmental issues; how to give our opinion, critical thinking.
- Methodologies: collect information from a video and the net; how to write a script for the radio show.
- COLLABORATION: European teams investigation, puzzle writing, discussions to create a valuable radio program.
- DIGITAL TOOL: Hokusai; YouTube; Movie Maker, soundcloud.....
- RESULT: a webradio show
The students are invited to go through 5 activities and to chose which ideas they want to develop, reformulate, in a podcast for our Webradio program!
"6. Webradio program: Sustainable Citizens!"
Deadline : May 30th
Explain the 2 steps off the creativity process : information, feelings gathering & creation of podcasts.
PART 1: gathering information or thinking in different ways:
"1. Brainstorming: sustainable citizenship???" = each country will work on the Genially so that the students can have the words, pictures, key ideas about the three spheres.
Experts' videos on the three circles: Spain
2. Sustainable issues and global warming? =
- French teams have suggested minmaps / design thinking maps to help think according to a central subject "sustainable development issues & global warming" and a creativity process: causes / effects/ solutions;
- The Greek, Spanish and German students are invited to join the teams directly writing their name & country on this page; in order to improve or digitalize the mindmaps suggested by the French teams. You will find the too small ones in the "material section! YOU WILL BE ABLE TO USE the vocabulary and ideas from the previous activity !
- Once you have joined a team and gathered new ideas: contact your team in the "Forums" through the button "Discussion" at the bottom of the page to suggest mindmap improvement .
- THIS WAY OF THINKING (cause / effect / solutions) will be a process to follow to build up podcasts. [ I am going to talk about "deforestation" (cause) and the loss of animal habitat and the depletion of forest and the planet lungs .... (effects / impact) ... I think countries should stop savage and massive deforestion and on the contrary, they should use planted trees for timber industry......] Choose what cause / effects / solutions you want to use to write your podcast.
- Then you might need to browse the net to develop your ideas for the podcasts or not!
- Finally suggest your podcast idea with your team on our Webradio program page if you decide that you feel like building up your podcast from this activity!
3. Active citizenship: meet Greta Thunberg!
- About Greta: with this activity, the information will be found on the net and shared on a padlet; then the students will select the key facts to write their podcast.
- Greta's video: gather key ideas from a video.
- Forum: are you an active citizen : gather ideas from a collaborative discussion.
4. Earth Day April 22nd: share and gather ideas from different sorts of documents; let's be experts but also very social! Let's celebrate the Earth!
We can share portraits, poems, cartoons, posters, wishes for the planet, photos ... let's use all our languages!
5. Democracy & the Olympic Games!
Greece as the craddle of the Olympics and democracy = gather info from history and from experiments! Let's practice sports to talk about fairness and democratic rules, about the Olympic truce and Peace message conveyed!
PART 2: how to create our webradio podcasts and show: "European
sustainable citizen today!"
- Goal of the show: inform people so that they can understand what it means to be a happy, creative sustainable citizen in Europe!
- We need a technology page to share tools to record and arrange the podcasts.
- Définition of a podcast: lenght, content, aim....
- We will explain the students how they can take the info, feelings, experiments and words from the previous activities of part 1 in order to write an informative and entertaining podcast. ORAL English.
- The students will join a radio show among the ones suggested. (topic & format)
- They write, record and arrange their show before sharing it in the dedicated folder in the materials.
- The teachers will also suggest podcasts.
- We will use Soundcloud in order to arrange the podcasts in a program-like page with explainations for the visitors.
- We will disseminate our page so that the eventually the future players of our game can listen to it before playing.
Corsica - Urbino Pond