Creation of an important cycle lane in the town
- November 2019: After the meeitng in Herzele we design of a possible cycle lane in the main street leading to school - presented to the Manlleu city council.
bicycle lane Manlleu.pdf
After a meeting with the Manlleu Mayor and the Urbanism Councillor (see pictures below) the teachers and students of INS Antoni Pous are asked to conduct a detailed study of the possible use of the proposed cycle lane.
The conclusions of this study could lead to the creation of a cycle lane in the main avenue leading to INS Antoni Pous.
- January 2020: Students and teachers from INS Antoni Pous make a study of the potential use of a cycle lane by the school community. This is the PDF file with the study
INS Antoni Pous - estudi ús possible carril bici Avda Roma.pdf
- March 2020: The study is well received by the city council. A process to make the official design and documents for the cycle lane starts. The project will go ahead and it will be very significant and lasting impact of the project.
- April 2020: A final document - including parts of the official city council project is presented to mobility contests and wins the prize as "Best project on safe moblity"
INS Antoni Pous - Concurs Racc Joves i Mobilitat.pdf
- January 2021: The local authorities present the project to the school
April 2021: The budget and project is published officially on the city council website.
July 2021: Works for the creation of the cycle lane start!! See article in the digital press.
September 2021: The works are finished and the cycle lane opens!!!
See article in the digital press
Participation in the World Day For Physical Activity promoting sustainable mobility and healthy physical activity
These are pictures of an activity in support of the students who come to school by bike.
Bike repair workshop has been implemented at school.
More students going to school by bike, new parking places for bikes have been created.