This is the way we´ll work our third Reggio Emilia inspired activity 3 in Colorful Songs, it´ll be a good chance for more teachers and pupils to work on eTwinning as part of international teams thorugh a specific TwinSpace:
Each participating group will exchage a poem from nacional literature, text will be in the original language and translated to English, and a recording in mother language.
All teams will work together, creating and editing a video as explained. This type of activity must be done by all partners at the same time. Important to involve families to help with video editing, specially in those teams with very young learners.
To test the way foreign cultures explain feelings, problems, moods etc.
To improve digital and communicative skills and boost creativity and emotional expresion.
To introduce more teachers into etwinning.
To boost collaboration and creativity.
To create an atmosphere for familias participation.
Each teacher and group will be partner to a similar level group and teacher. Families are invited.
SEPTEMBER: Make teams. Each teacher/Group shares a poem from nacional literature in original language with English translation and audio in original language too.
OCTOBER: Teams introduce each other and choose ICT they´ll use for communications ( they can use any like Skype, Whatsaap, etc)
NOVEMBER: Teams will create and edit a video based on the exchanged poems as it follows working with a Greek partner as example:
- Reas/listen to the other country´s poem
- Guess the meaning, explain through the English translation, to smaller pupils this can be given, even a new audio in mother language can be made.
- Let children talk about what the poem suggests them or how they are affected. It is importan to use all children´s languages (100 languages)
- To make the video:
- We take our partner´s poem.
- We create a video with the text of the poem in a neutral background and add images using any art techniques: painting, drama, dance, … to visualize the contento f the poem. The audio is the Greek recording done by our partner.
- The Greek Group does the same with our poem at the same time.
- The final product can be a joint video of the two or two separate videos
- Finally we watch all videos and talk about them, expresing ideas, feelings, … in any children´s language.