What is netiquette?
Netiquette is short for network etiquette, and is the set of rules that determines how to properly communicate and browse the web.
- Check, then click – Before you post a comment, double check that you are saying exactly what you want to say.
- Be yourself – If you want to get the most out of communicating online, be yourself.
- We are only human – Remember that an actual person with real feelings, beliefs, imperfections and emotions is behind every message, email or comment.
- Express yourself – Don’t be afraid to express yourself openly and honestly.
- Allow others to express themselves, too – Remember that everybody has an opinion, so allow them to express it. You may have to agree to disagree on many issues, but just make your point and move on.
- Respect people’s privacy – Don’t pass on another person’s private information or photos unless you have their permission.
- Avoid conflict.
Other issues to bear in mind while online