IES AUGUSTO GONZÁLEZ DE LINARES
IT´S A PLEASURE FOR US TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS INTERNATIONAL ETWINNING PLUS PROJECT.
WE, TEACHERS, HAVE BEEN WORKING ON THE PROJECT SINCE JUNE-JULY 2016.
MY PUPILS ARE READY FOR THIS NEW CHALLENGE NOW, IN SEPTEMBER.
COMMUNICATION, COLLABORATION, KNOWLEDGE AND FRIENDSHIP WILL BE OUR MAIN AIMS.
RESPONSIBILITY, PATIENCE, CURIOSITY, CREATIVITY AND FUN WILL BE ESSENTIAL TOO.
WE´LL ALSO BE WORKING ON
GLOBAL AND ACTIVE CITIZENSHIP AND HUMAN RIGHTS.
WE´LL DEDICATE TWO/THREE HOURS PER WEEK TO THE PROJECT. A RECAP WILL POST EVERY WEEK.
FOUR GROUPS: 1ºA-1ºB-1ºC-2ºA ESO (12-14 years old)
WE´LL BE AVAILABLE FOR VIDEO-CONFERENCES THESE DAYS AND HOURS:
TUESDAY from 11:30 to 12:15 CET (1ºA) / TUESDAY from 13:15 to 14:00 CET (2ºA)
THURSDAY from 8:30 to 9:00 CET (2ªA) / THURSDAY from 11:30 to 12:15 CET (1ºB) / FRIDAY from 8:30 to 9:00 CET (1ºC)
WE HAVE A BLOG WHERE ALL SCHOOLS POST THEIR MATERIALS:
MR. BEAN, MRS. LENTIL AND THEIR TINY PEAS
DURING THE FIRST WEEK, FROM 19th. TO 23rd. SEPTEMBER, I´M INTRODUCING THE PROJECT TO MY STUDENTS
THE 19th. SEPTEMBER A PARCEL FROM MR. BEAN´S MARKET (PETROUPOLIS-GREECE) ARRIVED TO OUR SCHOOL...
- BLACK AND WHITE GIANT BEANS FROM PRESSES (GREECE)
- BEANS FROM KAVALA (GREECE)
- ROVITSA BEANS FROM KALAMATA (GREECE)
- CHICKPEAS FROM GREECE
- COCO BEANS DU SUD OUEST (FRANCE)
- AzUKI BEANS DU SUD OUEST (FRANCE)
- ... AND LITTLE DRIED BEANS FROM GREECE READY TO COOK...
MY PUPILS WERE AMAZED!!!! THANKS SO MUCH, ATHANASIA AND ERIC!!!
IN THIS PADLET WE´LL INTRODUCE OURSELVES:
AT SCHOOL, WE'LL SOW AND GROW THESE SEEDS. WE HAVEN'T GOT A GARDEN BUT WE'LL PLACE THEM INDOORS PROPERLY AND LOOK AFTER THEM. WE´RE WORKING ON COLLABORATION AND RESPONSBILITY. LET' S SEE IF WE' RE LUCKY AND GET SOME PODS!
Each group has chosen a type of bean from Mr. Bean´s Market and will take care of the plants. Students will sow seeds at home too. Good luck!!
.GROUP 1A: WHITE AND BLACK GIANT BEANS from Presses (Greece). Date of sowing: 26th. September
GROUP 1B: ROVITSA BEANS from Kalamata (Greece). Date of sowing: 29th. September
GROUP 1C: COCO BEANS from France (Sud Ouest) and KAVALA BEANS from Greece. Date of sowing: 30th. September
GROUP 2A: AZUKI BEANS from France (Sud Ouest). Date of sowing: 26th. September
All the students have taken different beans to sow and grow them at home too. Let's see if they succeed in this task :))
A CONTEST to choose the best Logo for Mr- Bean&Family at school.
- TODAY, 6th. OCTOBER, GROUP 1ºB MET ON-LINE OTHER PARTNERS FROM GREECE, UKRAINE AND FRANCE FOR THE FIRST TIME. JUST AMAZING! A PIC OF THE VIDEO-CONFERENCE/LIVE EVENT HERE:
- DURING THIS WEEK WE HAVE BEEN SOWING BEANS INDOORS.
- A BIG POT PLACED IN OUR MAIN CORRIDOR WILL BE MR. BEAN&FAMILY´S CORNER.
- OUR PLANTS HAVE BEEN GROWING DURING THIS WEEK.
- PUPILS LIKE WATERING THEM AND TAKING CARE OF THEM.
- THIS IS HOW THEY LOOK TODAY, 14th. OCTOBER.
- DOUBLE LEAVES ARE VISIBLE NOW.
- SOME DAYS LATER, THIS IS HOW THEY LOOK. 18th. OCTOBER.
- THE GIANT BEANS ARE GROWING HEALTHY!
- BY CHANCE, AN INVITATION ARRIVED TO OUR SCHOOL: PARTICIPATE IN AN ETWINNING EVENT SUPPORTING YOUNG REFUGEES IN GRAVENA-GREECE...
- AND WE SENT THEM SOME WINTER CLOTHING, HAND-MADE CARDS WITH MESSAGES, SOME SWEETS AND A PACKET OF BEANS FROM MR. BEAN, MRS LENTIL AND THEIR TINY PEAS´PROJECT :)
- OUR PARCEL WAS PLENTY OF LOVE, SOLIDARITY AND SUPPORT.
- ACTIVE CITIZENSHIP in this project too.
- WE HAVE BEEN REALLY BUSY WITH EXAMS AND ASSESSMENTS THESE WEEKS BUT WE HAD TIME TO LOOK AFTER OUR PLANTS THAT HAVE NEEDED TO BE STAKEN. 27th. OCTOBER.
- GIANT BEANS AND COCO&KAVALA BEANS (1ºA-1ºC) HAVE TRIPLE LEAVES.
- AZUKI BEANS (2ºA) ARE GROWING LITTLE BY LITTLE AND THEY ARE WEAKER.
- ROVITSA BEANS (1ºB) ARE HAVING SOME PROBLEMS IN THEIR GROWING... ONLY A FEW SEEDS HAVE GERMINATED...
- Today, 27th. OCTOBER, GROUP 2ºA has done these activities at 8,30 in the morning:
1. Staken the bean plants.
2. Post some messages in the Forum.
3. Post some messages in our Padlet (school pages).
4. Fight the complicated puzzle made by Marinos (Petroupolis)... using the ghost... ;D
- AND TODAY, 27h. OCTOBER, AT 11,30 IN THE MORNING, ALL MY PUPILS HAVE MET.
- WE HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT OUR PROJECT AND HAVE HAD SOME FUN TOO.
- THEY ARE ALBA, NATALIA, JAVIER, HUGO, IVÁN, PABLO, MOISÉS, ALEJANDRO, JOELLE, CRISTINA, ERICK, ELENA, JOAN, JESÚS, ESÉN, MARICRUZ, ESPERANZA, RAÚL, JULIETA, ALEJANDRA, ÁLEX, MARINA, TATIANA...
- NICE PICS!!
******AUTUMN BREAK FROM 28th. OCTOBER TO 7th. NOVEMBER************
- 8th. NOVEMBER. BACK TO SCHOOL, JOELLE HAS BROUGHT THIS NICE HAND-MADE CREATION.
- NOW WE HAVE TWO LOGOS IN OUR TRICIDER. YOU CAN COMMENT ON THEM AND VOTE FOR THEM.
- 9th. NOVEMBER.
- A PACKAGE SENT BY MR. BEAN & FAMILY FROM SANTANDER HAS ARRIVED TO GRAVENA-PRIMARY SCHOOL (GREECE).
- NEAR THE SCHOOL THERE IS A REFUGEES´CAMP, A HOT-SPOT IN EUROPE.
- YOUNG REFUGEES ARE WAITING FOR A BETTER FUTURE.
- WE HAVE MADE OUR CONTRIBUTION: LOVE, SUPPORT, WINTER CLOTHES, SOME SWEETS AND HAND-MADE CARDS AND LENTILS.
- DURING THESE DAYS WE´HAVE BEEN LOOKING AFTER OUR BEAN PLANTS: IT´S AUTUMN AND COLD AND DAMP CONDITIONS AT SCHOOL ARE NOT GOOD FOR THEM. WE´RE WAITING FOR THE FLOWERS... GIANT BEANS ARE GROWING A LOT.
- WE HAVE POST MESSAGES IN TWINSPACE.
- GROUP 2ºA MET WITH PUPILS FROM LAFRANÇAIS IN A SHORT VIDEO-CONFERENCE.
UPDATING THE PROJECT:
- SOYA PLANT in the Blog 26th. November.
- BEAN PLANTS AT SCHOOL in the Blog 27th. November.
- NUTRITION and ART activities will be done after X-mas holidays (January and February).
- Difficulties: 1. This is not the better period to grow pulses. At school it´s cold and damp specially at week-ends. 2. Pulses Diary. We started writing but it´s not easy for us to follow the exact moment of growing. 3. Adding materials to both Google Drive and Twinspace takes time.
- Pros: 1. Pupils are really engaged with the plants. Report of their plants at home will be ready before X-mas. 2. Free-style lets teachers organize work.
- Proposals: 1. Hand-made X-mas cards exchange. 2. Collaborative poems/stories in a new Page in Twinspace.
- TODAY GROUP 1ºA MET ON-LINE STUDENTS FROM KIEV-UKRAINE. GREAT!
- STUDENTS FROM KIEV SPEAK VERY GOOD ENGLISH AND MY STUDENTS TOO :))
- A PIC OF THE VIDEO-CONFERENCE/LIVE EVENT HERE:
- TODAY GROUP 1ºA AND GROUP 2ºA HAVE CREATED SOME HAND-MADE X-MAS CARDS.
IYP 2016. KEY MESSAGES 1. Pulses are highly nutritious. 1. Las legumbres son ricas en nutrientes
2. Pulses are economically accessible and contribute to food security at all levels. 2. Las legumbres son accesibles económicamente y contribuyen a la seguridad alimentaria en todos los niveles.
3. Pulses have important health benefits. 3. Las legumbres aportan importantes beneficios para la salud.
4. Pulses foster sustainable agriculture and contribute to climate change mitigation and adaptation.
4. Las legumbres fomentan la agricultura sostenible y contribuyen a la mitigación y a la adaptación al cambio climático.
5. Pulses promote biodiversity. 5. Las legumbres promueven la biodiversidad.
JANUARY, 2017 NEW SOWING/ART/NUTRITION
We received Xmas cards and some gifts. Thanks again for your Xmas cards and also for the gifts from Petroupolis and Lafrançaise... you're really nice and generous :D My pupils were delighted and me too!
Next days I'll show the cards and share the gifts with the rest of my students.
Two tiny bags with Tarbais beans and Coco beans arrived too... We'll do a new try with them. Now it's really cold here...we'll wait till the beginning of February to plant them.
TWO NEW POSTS IN THE BLOG:
- HERBARIUM with the plants of all the groups.
- XMAS CARDS EXCHANGE.
We have collected Proverbs about Pulses.
We have made puzzles and we hope you will enjoy them
1st FEBRUARY: A NEW POST IN THE BLOG
GROUP 2A. 31st January.
Today my students were really creative and they wrote these "mottos".
They will edit them as soon as possible.
- PEAS AND LOVE!
- PEAS AND PEACE!!
- BEANS AND LOVE!
- LOVE AND BEANS!
- WE NEED BEANS, PEAS AND LENTILS FOR LIFE!
- I HAVE A BEAN…A HAVE A BEAN TODAY….
- THIS BEAN IS A DREAM OF THE CHILDREN.
- BEANS HAVE IRON, ENJOY THEM!!
- ALL WE NEED ARE BEANS!
- OUR BEANS BEAT FOR YOU!
What about Mrs Lentil?
10 th February
We sowed again the 31st January.
- Tarbais Beans from France.
- Coco Beans from France.
- Rovitsa beans from Kalamata-Greece.
- White Giant Beans from Cádiz-Spain.
This is how our plants look today, 10th February.
16th February Art Creations
Our Beans beat for you...
Saint Valentine´s Day (14th. February) has given us the chance to be creative and make some crafts.
This is our Art contribution to the project :D
21st February 2017
Hugo and Alejandro have created puzzles and post them in the Project Journal.
Collaborative story ROC and ROVI. Fabada/Asturias
Our plants are growing and we´re waiting for flowers...
HUGO (2A) has created his first comic strip using Pixton.
Joelle, Javier and Absalón have created 2 puzzles post in subpage SANTANDER PUZZLES
ASOCIACIÓN LEGUMBRISTA DE ESPAÑA. COMER LEGUMBRES.COM
- NUTRITIONAL FACTS
28 MARCH: COMIC STRIPS AND ACROSTICS (2A)
Good job, students! Today you´ve worked a lot!
4th APRIL COMIC STRIPS (2A)
2A. Hugo, Absalón, Alejandro, Cristina y Joelle are creating Comic Strips inspired in the
"A fistful of Pulses"
Hugo and Alejandro have done the
Quizz from our partners from School 3 in Khust (Ukraine)
2 MAY. OUR BEANS AND PEAS DIARIES
JOELLE AND CRISTINA (2A) HAVE CREATED THIS COMIC-STRIP TODAY.
THE COLLABORATIVE STORY HAS NICE PICTURES.
HUGO (2A) HAS MADE THIS FANTASTIC VIDEO
WITH IMAGES OF ALL THE SCHOOLS IN THE PROJECT.
HE´S DONE GREAT, GREAT JOB!! THANKS SO MUCH!!
4th MAY JACK AND THE BEANSTALK IN IESAGLinares celebrating our Project.
One of our Teacher of Art and Plastic in our school made this sculpture of Jack and the Beanstalk.
It has been placed fixed in the main stairs during some months.
We have used it for this video .
9th MAY Final steps in the Project... A HEART FULL OF PULSES AND FULL OF SCHOOLS
IN MAY WE HAVE EVALUATED THE PROJECT AND WE HAVE POST MESSAGES SAYING GOOD-BYE ON A COLLABORATIVE PADLET.
HERE YOU HAVE SOME NICE PICS STUDENTS HAVE EDIT. FUNNY AND CREATIVE!
9 MAY WE CELEBRATED EUROPE DAY AND SHOT THIS VIDEO.
THE MANNEQUIN CHALLENGE IN MR. BEAN & FAMILY PROJECT. WE HAD GREAT TIME!!
9 May Europe Day Mannequin Challenge from aranza iturrioz on Vimeo.
STUDENTS HAVE BEEN CREATING IMAGES FOR THE PROVERBS
We were not lucky with the beans and peas plants...but we have kept the dried leaves of the plants and they will remind us about the project.
Group 1C has created these nice bookmarks.
5th JUNE WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY
DISSEMINATION OF THE PROJECT. Live-event presenting the Project to other etwinners.
4 August, 2017
Here´s the video Creative Mannequin Challenge. Part 2. celebrating Europe Day 2017.
We want to share our contribution with you all. Our contribution is at minute 10:06