Name: Miljana Tasić
School: Toplički heroji, Žitorađa
(for 25 pieces of this delicious dessert)
- 1l of milk
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- 8 eggs
- 400 g sugar
- 200 g white flour
- 1 package of puff pastry sheets.
- Spread puff pastry sheets to form two identical dough sheets that fit pan shape, and bake them in the oven separately. Before baking, make square slashes with a knife across the top surface of the pastry sheet prepared for upper crust to facilitate slicing and pastry sheet for bottom crust prick all over with a fork to make sure that the crust doesn’t puff.
- Put 1l of milk and a sachet of vanilla sugar into a saucepan and boil.
- Meanwhile, put 8 egg yolks and 300 g of sugar in separate saucepan and whisk, then add 200 g of flour and stir with a wire whisk.
- Then slowly pour over boiled milk, stirring gently and constantly mixture with a wire whisk.
- Steam cream, stirring constantly and when it becomes thick, add snow made of 6 beaten egg whites and 100 g of sugar.
- Using a wire whisk, quickly stir well mixture, remove the pan from the stove, pour cream over the bottom crust and spread, and then cover it with the top crust.
- Leave it to cool, then cut vanilla slice into square pieces and sprinkle with powdered sugar over the top.
- Dessert is finished and ready to be served.
½ packet Quick set jelly Measuring jug
½ swiss roll Tablespoon
1 tblsp custard powder (rounded) Saucepan
1 tblsp caster sugar
284 mls milk
300 Ml of double cream
75 mls milk
Assorted Fruit, strawberries, raspberries, oranges, bananas, fresh , tinned, does not matter
1Prepare the custard
Place the custard powder and caster sugar into a small bowl along with
sufficient milk to mix to a paste
Place the rest of the milk into the saucepan and bring to the boil
As soon as it begins to boil add it to the mixture in the small bowl and mix thoroughly
If your mixture does not thicken you will need to place it back into the pan and bring it back to the boil, stirring all the time until the
Place to one side to cool while you prepare the rest of the ingredients
2 Prepare fruit (washing, peeling, opening tin etc.)
3 Slice swiss roll and place into the bottom of the 4 containers
4 Place fruit on top of swiss roll, you may wish to keep some fruit back for decoration
5 Prepare quick set jelly as per the instructions on the packet (1 between 2)
6 Add your half of the jelly to the containers and place to one side
7 Whip cream until it starts to thicken
8 Divide your custard between the four containers then add the cream
9Decorate the top with any remaining fruit
Name: Gvantsa Gabunia
GOZINAKI WITH WALNUTS
Gozinaki (Georgian: გოზინაყი) is a traditional Georgian confection made of caramelized nuts fried in honey and usually eaten at New Year and Christmas. In this recipe I show how to make Gozinaki with walnuts.
Ingredients: 1 kilo of walnuts, 10 heaped tbs of honey and 2 tbs of sugar.
Preparation: Shell the walnuts. Add to a hot pan and heat on a low-medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Be careful not to burn them.
Remove from the heat and allow to cool a little. Remove the skins from the warm nuts with your fingers. Allow the nuts to cool and then chop.
Add 10 heaped tbs of honey to a pan. Heat on a low temperature, stirring continuously for 8-10 minutes. Check the consistency of the honey. It should be thick. Reduce the temperature to a very low heat and add 2 tbs of sugar to the honey and stir.
Gradually add the chopped walnuts. Continuously stir for 2-3 minutes. Wet the surface of a wooden chopping board and wipe off any excess water. Add some of the walnut/honey mixture to the board. Use the back of a wet metal spoon to flatten the mixture.
You can also flatten it with your hands (they must be wet). Complete the flattening process with a rolling pin that has been dampened with water.Use your palms to straighten the edges until you have a square shaped block.
Heat a knife in a flame and cut the gozinaki into diagonal and then vertical strips.
Serving: Lightly dust a plate with sugar and arrange the gozinaki into a pattern. We made a Christmas tree pattern.
Enjoy your Gozinaki with Walnuts!
Name: Inna Zadorska
Name of the school: Smila Lyceum
Varenyki with cherries
Cherries (fresh/chilled) 250 g
Sugar 3 tbsp
1. Sieve the flour in the bowl. Make a well and pour warm water in here; then add the butter, a pinch of salt and make stiff but elastic dough.
2. Roll the dough in plastic wrap and set aside for 1 hr.
3. Wash and deseed the cherries. Then add the sugar so the cherries will give some juice. Pour off the juice and set aside; dust the cherries with flour and stir a little.
4. Then roll out a thin big tablet and shape 5x6 cm circles with a glass. Put the cherries in the middle and shape crescent-shaped dumplings.
5. Simmer the dumplings for 3-5 mins in salted water. Take them out and place in the bowl.
6. Serve with sour cream and prepared sweet juice.
Name: Žitník Ivo
School: Kosmonautů 15, Ostrava
Country: Czech Republic
3 ½ cups (500 grams) of all-purpose flour, sifted (plus more for the work surface)
¾ cup (100 grams) of cake flour, sifted
2 ¼ teaspoons of instant dry yeast
4 tbsp (50 grams) of crystal white sugar
½ tsp of salt
2 cups (480 ml of lukewarm milk
2 eggs + 1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup (100 ml) of vegetable oil
1 cup (250 ml) of jam (for filling)
Vegetable oil (for the pan and for brushing the surface of the buns)
¼ cup (60 ml) of warm milk (to brush the surface of the buns after baking)
1 tbsp of white sugar
Sugar for dusting the surface after baking
1. First, we need to prepare the yeast. Put the dried yeast in a cup with little lukewarm milk or water. Add a little sugar (a teaspoon) and flour (a teaspoon) and mix. It should make liquid dough. Put the cup into a warm, but not hot, dark place. Wait about half an hour. When the yeast starts growing in the cup, it is ready.
2. In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients (the all-purpose flour, the cake flour, the sugar, and the salt) and add the yeast.
2. Add the lukewarm milk (2 cups – 480 ml), the eggs and egg yolk, the vanilla extract, and the vegetable oil.
3. Knead, either by hand or with your electric mixer, until the dough is smooth and less sticky.
The dough should be somewhere between firm and runny, so you can use a little more milk or a little more flour to make it look alright.
4. Let the dough grow in the bowl for about an hour. Cover with a napkin. Check the dough twice during waiting and lightly knead it.
5. Make little bowls from dough and place them on a tray.
6. Take the balls, spread them into a thin layer and place a little jam in the middle. Then put the ends together and make new balls.
7. Take a baking tray, spread butter on the bottom, and cover with a thin layer of flour. Place the balls on the tray and let them 10 more minutes to grow. Brush the tops with wiped egg.
8. Preheat the oven on 175°C, bake about 22 minutes. Cover with sugar.
Name: ALEXANDRA MOSCHOGIANNAKI 1A
Name of my school: 2nd Gymnasioym of Cholargos
TIME: Preparation time: 45'
Cooking Time: 60'
Total Time: 105'
HOW TO COOK: Preheat oven at 350F(175C).
B. For the Cream:
1. In a heavy pot, on a medium heat, add the milk and orange peel.
2. In a bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together.
3. Slowly add the fine semolina to the milk continually stirring with a wooden spoon until it thickens.
4. Turn off the heat. Stirring, slowly add the egg mixture into the cream. Be careful that the eggs don’t cook.
5. Add the vanilla and 1 tablespoon butter and stir. Cover and set aside.
6. In a buttered glass baking dish, add 10 phyllo sheets, making sure to butter each one with a pastry brush. When laying each phyllo sheet, change the direction every time (crosswise). Carefully press in the phyllo with your hands to fit all around the dish leaving the edges of the phyllo to hang over the sides of the dish.
7. Pour in the cream and spread evenly with a spatula.
8. Carefully fold over the hanging phyllo sheets, buttering each time.
9. Lay 3 phyllo sheets on the top, folding them in half and tucking in the sides. Make sure to butter all the sheets.
10. With a sharp knife, carefully cut on the top the phyllo sheets vertically and horizontally making 3 columns by 5 rows. Make sure to not cut all the way through to the cream, just the phyllo.
11. With a spoon, drizzle the remaining butter in the edges and within the cuts of the rows and columns.
12. With your hands, lightly sprinkle water all over the top of the phyllo, Bake, on the bottoms rack, for 1 hour or until golden brown.
C. For the syrup:
1. In a pot, add all the ingredients, except the honey, stir until it comes to a boil. Then let it simmer for 5 minutes. Turn of the heat, add the honey, stir and remove the cinnamon stick and lemon. Cool before pouring.
2. Once the cream custard is ready, let it cool for 10 minutes and then pour all over the top the warm/ room temperature syrup.
3. The Galaktobouriko needs to cool for 4-5 hours before cutting/serving
MOSCHOGIANNAKI ALEXANDRA 1A
Name: Marilena Faiciuc
Name of my school: Colegiul National Pedagogic "Gh. Lazar", Cluj-Napoca
Papanash is a typical Romanian “donut dessert” made from sweet cow cheese.This is a traditional Romanian recipe. Very simple to make but delicious. It is served with “dulceață” a very sweet preserve and sour cream. The most traditional is served with sour cherry preserve or blueberry preserve.
- 500 g fresh cottage cheese or ricotta
- 2 eggs
- 100 g semolina
- 150 g flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Mix the cottage cheese with the sugar and the baking powder. After that add the eggs and the vanilla extract and at the end the flour and semolina. You can mix it with a mixer for better homogeneity. Let the mixture rest in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes. (If the dough is moist, you might need a bit more flour to the composition; the dough has to be easy to handle, not too sticky).
In a deep pan heat oil enough to cover the balls of dough.
Make small balls of dough, a size that would fit in your hands. Make a whole through the center of it with your finger and take it through flour. Enlarge carefully the whole and flatten the ball of dough a little. Roll small balls to put on the top.
Fry them in hot oil on both sides until they get color. (approx 5 minutes). You will see when the dumplings are fried they will rise to the top, turn these around to get equal colour on both sides.
To assemble the papanași: put the large ball on a plate, fill the hole with preserve and a sour cream – be generous – then add the small ball on the top. Dust with some icing sugar. Serve immedia
WALNUTS COCOA CAKE
100 g of brown sugar
300 gr ground nuts
A cake pan with a diameter of 24 cm is prepared, covered with baking paper that is dyed (do not neglect this because the marshes really stick to it).
The oven is heated to 180 ° C.
The eggs are washed, dried and divided into proteins and egg yolks.
Proteins are crushed with sugar, soft snow. Add the ground walnuts and mix well with a spatula, taking care not to lower the volume of the proteins. The mixture is divided into 4 equal parts, and four thin swamps are baked, each baking for 12-15 minutes until it turns red. Carefully remove them from the tray, remove the baking paper, and cool on a grill.
100 g of brown sugar
9 tablespoons Natural cocoa
200 g cow butter
50 g sour cream *
* Recipe Cream is 250 grams of cow's butter without adding cream. I tried both options and the one with cream seemed to like me more.
The oil is cut into pieces and melts on low heat. Add cocoa - sifted to avoid lumps, and stir well. The mixture is removed from the fire.
The yolks and sugar break up as they increase in volume, thicken and thicken (about 3-5 minutes). Gradually, the cocoa mixture is added to a thin jet by crushing with the mixer. Finally, add the sour cream and stir with a spatula or fork. The cream is left in the refrigerator for an hour or two until it sinks.
The cream is made as a true chocolate mousse.
Name: Adrianna Kudzia
Name of my school: Zespół Szkół Zawodowych w Bogatyni
500g of raspberries (fresh or frozen)
can of peaches (850ml)
100g + 4 tablespoons of sugar
1 tablespoon of icing sugar
6 teaspoons of vanilla sugar
100g wheat flour
50g potato flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
6 flat teaspoons of gelatin powder (or 8 sheets of gelatin)
700g of sweet cream 30- 36%
Possibly 1 cream-fix pack
pinch of salt
A method of preparing:
Frozen raspberries put into a bowl and sprinkle with 4 tablespoons of sugar and 2 teaspoons of vanilla sugar. Leave to thaw. (Place the fresh raspberries in a bowl and sprinkle with sugar and vanilla sugar).
Separate yolks from proteins. Protein, a pinch of salt and 4 tablespoons of water to beat the mixer. Continue whisking 100 g sugar and 2 teaspoons of vanilla sugar. Then add one egg each. In a separate bowl, mix flour with baking powder. Transfer to egg mass and gently mix.
26cm cake with grease or butter margarine and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Place the dough in a pan and bake in a preheated oven about 30 minutes at 180 ° C. Leave the biscuit to cool down after baking.
3 teaspoons (or 4 leafs) gelatin soak.
Peel peaches on the strainer. Mix the blender with 2 teaspoons of vanilla sugar on a smooth paste.
Raspberries mix with blender and wipe in front of the strainer.
Cut the sponge biscuit cut in half to make 2 rings.
Put one roll into the cake.
Gelatin heat until it dissolves. Add two tablespoons of raspberries and mix. Then add to the rest of the raspberries and mix.
Put aside 3 tablespoons of raspberries.
200g whipped cream stiff.
Add cream to the raspberries. Gently mix.
Place the raspberry pulp in the cake. Put in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes until the mass is thick.
The remaining 3 teaspoons (or 4 leaves) gelatin soak.
Gelatin heat until it dissolves. Add two tablespoons of peaches and mix. Then add to the rest of the peaches and mix.
Put aside 3 tablespoons of peaches.
200g whipped cream stiff.
Add cream to the peaches. Gently mix.
Put the peach pulp into the cake. Cover the second roll and place in the fridge for about 3 hours.
Pull the tortoise rim.
300g whipped cream stiff. (You can whip cream together with cream-fix). At the end of the ramen add a tablespoon of icing sugar.
Smear 2/3 cream top and side of the cake. 1/3 of the cream put into the mouth and make ovals (egg) on top. Put raspberries and peaches lightly heat and fill them with eggs.