Instructions given in France for the Fractals and Koch snow-flake assignment
Terminale LGT - Assignment due the 2nd of November 2020
a written text with photos AND an oral video
THE KOCH SNOW FLAKE AND FRACTALS
Send per mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
your text and the link to access to your video or bring it on a USB pendrive.
Files bear your family name !
BE CONVINCING ! YOUR TEXT AND YOUR VIDEO WILL BE PUBLISHED TO THE SPANISH PARTNER STUDENTS. They are also preparing presentations for you.
- TEXT (the draft of a future magazine article and preparation for oral presentation)
geometric sequence, common ratio, increasing, U sub n, finite area, infinite perimetre, circle, triangles, side length, self similarity, iteration, instructions to draw the snow flake.
1. Choose a title and photos. Give a legend to each photo.
2. Introduce the problem briefly.
3. Describe the geometry steps to draw the Koch snowflake.
4. Introduce sequences. Give first calculations related to the diagram.
5. Use sequences to calculate at step n.
6. Explain the properties and the paradox of the Koch snowflake.
7. Describe fractals. What are they useful for in real life?
- VIDEO (to prepare for final oral examination)
show visual documents to support your oral explanations.
DO NOT READ ! TALK AS AN CONVINCING EXPERT !
The video is of duration 3 to 5 minutes for the oral speech.
- The documentary about fractals can be seen on YouTube at the links below.
However it is strongly recommended to watch the original version in English which is clear to understand from a spoken English insight.
Fractales - A la recherche de la dimension cachée – 52 min
Fractals The Hidden Dimension HD 1080p Nova – 53 min