There are some activities which will be carried out with students to build high quality competences.
All types of special needs and fewer opportunities students will be included in all types of activities. In some activities, they will be provided mentors.
- Students will acquire information about the building techniques and materials and the shapes of the walls and bridges through history; they will compare the functions of the different systems
- There will be a research in literature about the metaphors of the wall and the bridge
- Students will acquire cross-curricular competences useful to understand how the different elements of knowledge (from the humanistic, scientific and technological point of view) converge to the work of art.
- Students will work on researching Cultural Heritage Sites in their own neighbourhood regarding walls and bridges, they will visit these places, make promotional leaflets and present to their partners
- They will know and think about the different kinds of segregation built by men: the “ghetto”, the “apertheid”
- Images of bridges/old and new technologies/ will be used to improve the students’ communicative skills, from a technical and creative point of view,to enrich the students’ technical and scientific skills
- Art and Craft activities will be carried out to produce these above mentioned pictures, to strengthen the students’ graphic and pictorial skills
- There will be activities to plan a bridge in groups from different primary materials using ICT . ICT will be a tool as well for gaining new, modern skills in foreign language learning using tablets and online material.
- Skills without using language, as a global force for understanding and building bridges will be improved: Music/producing own songs using ICT/, Dance/as part of our Cultural Heritage program, Sport/ different sport games which use walls/
- Discussions about some examples of bounds to cross will be done: disabled people and their achievements, we will organize meetings with them where students can ask questions and even can try how a disabled person lives using dark rooms.
The teachers will have in the Turkish project meeting a day-seminar regarding the methods, programs used by their school in dealing with the barriers. A workshop for the teachers will follow the seminar, where the teachers and school leaders will work on the Educational Integration Program.
The material will be disseminated in each partner school and introduced in the schools curricula.
There will be a series of 3 activities which will be carried out with the parents with the help of some experts. In the beginning, a discussion and a kick-off questionnaire will be given. At the end, evaluation will be made and the expert will reflect on some developments.
- Workshops reflecting on the value of the positive differences-dealing with personality traits
- Activities to identify and reflect on some forms of tolerance, intolerance, abuse, prejudice