In Phase 2 of the project work, Primary School students get together to work on coding as a threshold to the robotics activities to follow in Phase 3: Collaboration that the DVS students are going to design and support the young ones in doing.
Polish pupils demonstrate Offline Coding Activities-Input for Greek pupils to study their work, repeat the activities in their learning context, create similar results and post them on "Offline Coding Activities -Cooperative Result".
Below the rationale for the coding/programming activities is given.
Understanding the challenges of the contemporary education we will get to know and implement the elements of programming, new methods and the tools of effective work with children and teenagers.
New technologies are more and more important in modern societies and programming is becoming a skill, which enables children to find their place in new reality
Including the elements of programming in the school curriculum means better acquiring of creativity, sensible and safe use of technology by students in implementation students’ own ideas and solving problems.
The aims of the project are to:
- teach children algorithmic, logical thinking, deduction, cooperation, self-reliance, creativity,
- teach solving problems and communication with the use of a computer,
- develop the skills of safe use of a computer, safe surfing the Internet and respect copyrights law,
- develop the skills of searching, gathering, selecting and using the information from different sources,
- make the teaching attractive,
- create the possibilities of achieving success by students (e.g. by unassisted creation of functional program, game, application),
- make use of the elements of programming in different school subjects
- mark that coding/ programming has a lot of advantages.
Taking part in this project will introduce a lot of new solutions in education enriched by elements of coding/ programming and it will increase efficiency and the quality of teaching.
Students will gain programming abilities which will let them plan their future more effectively.
This knowledge will make the teaching more attractive on different school subjects in our school, it will encourage our students to broaden the knowledge on programming on their own.