Zespol Szkolno-Przedszkolny w Debem- Poland

  • School in Dębe, Poland

    The school in Dębe is housed in a modern building, situated in a picturesque spot at the edge of the forest. It has been built and donated to Dębe  by parents, local community and authorities.
    The idea of ​​building a new facility appeared in 1995.  The idea was accepted by the Council of the commune Żelazków and the School Building Committee. During this time monthly collections were held amomg parents of students learning at the school and other people wishing to support the construction.  The building of the school started in 1977. The construction was financed with 90% of the budget, the remaining 10% came from parents' donation.  Also the school curator of school donated the amount of 50,000 PLN.  The official opening took place on September 9, 2000. Mrs Krystyna Glapa has been the headmistress of the school since 2001. On October 21, 2006 the ceremony of naming the school after John Paul II took place. 
    As a result of reorganization of the institution, the department of middle high school did not function in the years 2012-2014.

    On September 1, 2015, the school resumed its activities and it consists of two branches - the primary school and secondary school - middle school as well as two nursery departments.  On September 2017 all the institutions will constitute one body - Zespół Szkolno-Przedszkolny w Dębem.

    Favourable ecological conditions and nature allow for the implementation of the curriculum outside the classrooms, a large number of experiences and experiments, tours, observation. The school implements a number of environmental projects and health-related under the auspices of local institutions.

    In 2008-2010 Middle School in Debe participated 3 Comenius projects. School Radio Project, in which our school was the coordinator,  won the Good Practice award in 2010 for high quality and innovative content, permanently affecting the school reality