Is Belgium a complex country? That's for sure!
What we learned during our stay here...
10 facts about Belgium:
- In Belgium, there are 3 official languages: Flamish, French and German.
- Belgium shares land borders with France, Germany, Luxembourg and the Netherlands.
- The saxophone was invented in Belgium, and lots of artists come from here (Magritte, Hergé, Rubens, Jacques Brel...)
- If you want to go on a diet, avoid coming to this country. They've got the best french fries, chocolates, beers...
- Audrey Hepburn was born in Brussels!
- Belgium is a Monarchy.
- Belgium holds the world record for longest time without a government.
- Belgians are open-minded people: They are generally liberal thinkers!
- The german-speaking part of Belgium is the best protected minority of Europe.
- Belgium is known as the "Capital of Europe".
For more information, watch: 10 facts about Belgium