Activity: Comparing newspapers from different countries
Date: Mon 28th January
Topic: “Diverse Perspectives on current headlines”
Place: School - Computer lab
Teams: 8 international teams (8 Students each team)
The attached worksheet. (see the results)
- Critical thinking
- Gain social skills.
- Learn to work in teams.
- Improve English language skills.
- Newspapers from the 4 countries.
- The attached worksheet
- A computer for each team
- Students divided into 8 groups of 8 students. There was a coordinator teacher for each team.
- Each team got copies of the newspapers.
- A student from each country translated his/her headlines newspapers
- Students compared the newspapers.
- At the end of the activity, each team has to give the related worksheet to the teacher who was in charge of the team.
- A representative of each team presented the differences and similarities they found
Comparing Front pages.pdf