M.A.G.I.C. (Myths and tales, Art and Games for Intercultural Cooperation) is a project of five European Kindergarten and Primary schools - Greece, Bulgaria, Italy, Estonia, and Lithuania.
This project focuses on enhancing intercultural awareness amongst the participants and their organizations ensuring children have the knowledge and skills to be successful in the modern workforce. It will promote an understanding and respect of diverse cultures and gain an appreciation of one’s history and traditions. Our ambition is to create a sense of belonging to European culture as well as to prepare students to live consciously and responsibly in a United Europe.
• to enable students and teachers to recognize, accept and appreciate the different European cultures and traditions via mythology, folklore, art, games, and cultural heritage in general
. • to promote cultural differences in the European area as the basis for creating a shared European identity.
• to improve mutual understanding between participants from different ethnicities, develop their cultural sensitivity, musical and artistic skills.
• To develop their social and communication skills through international cooperation in cross-cultural Study groups and in a variety of social skills activities.
• to create a sense of belonging to European culture and to prepare them to live consciously and responsibly in a United Europe.
• to promote creativity, competitiveness, language learning, and linguistic diversity.
• To exchange good practices, encourage the best use of results, and create innovative, meaningful products.
Students, as well as teachers, will acquire and develop many skills and key competencies in the activities: social, digital, and international communication skills. They will also gain intercultural understanding which involves knowledge and awareness about other cultures, comparing and contrasting diverse ways of thought and expression.
• Familiariarity with their own traditions, alongside the traditions of the different European cultures.
• Acquisition of a sense of belonging to European culture. Development of cultural sensitivity
• ICT skills development.
• 21st-century skills development: communication, collaboration, critical thinking, creativity. • Social and emotional skills development: open-mindedness, conscientiousness, emotional stability, engaging with others.
• Motivation to speak foreign languages
For our M.A.G.I.C learning journey, we will implement Project-Based Learning (PBL) and ICTs that are an effective way for students to develop 21st-century skills and competencies by working in a modern and innovative environment. PBL and ICTs can empower the learning process by eliminating achievement gaps and helping students, regardless of their background, to develop learning and social skills that can be critical in our century. Our students will use various Web 2.0 tools to present their works, create/edit videos, edit photos, collaborate and so much more.
Let we follow some simple rules in our teам:
- keep in touch with the rest partners and observe deadline dates for project activities;
- ask for help and support from the team :-);
- publish materials( description+ video, audio, picture or etc.) below of the partner's materials;
- publish in project journal only final products or dissemination activities;
- Share or discuss ideas in team/ common e-mails or on the project forum.
Data-protection and copyright issues:
Τhere are issues relating to working on the internet in a safe and secure way, that everybody, teachers and students alike should be aware of and be equipped for to the benefit of all. Every citizen in today’s world is also a citizen of the digital world and needs to understand what the rights and responsibilities of being a digital citizen are.
We need to be able to look after ourselves and our pupils and remain safe. So we set e-safety rules for students and teachers
Pupil e-safety rules
For my own personal safety – everywhere!
I will ask permission from a member of staff before using the Internet at school on any device.
I will tell an adult about anything online which makes me feel uncomfortable.
I am aware that when I share a picture or video on the internet other people may copy it and I will not be able to delete it.
I will not put my “Personal Information” online. (My full name, birthday, phone number, address, postcode, school, etc.).
Teacher's e-safety and copyright rules
Post information, images, or videos on our project's pages should be fine for showing in class. If you are using an image or another material from the Internet, you are obligated to always display the website that contains it.
Copyright law gives you a set of rights that prevents other people from copying your work and doing other things with your work that you may not like. Please, respect the copyright on Internet!