From work to play
The Etwinning Project eDUCATE - from work to play belongs to the second phase our erasmus project eDUCATE (Drama for change: european valUes and the theatre peDagogy for aCtivAting learning and Empowering students). In this project student discovers their individual skillsthrough performances, workshops and delegations meet. Led by a team of five schoolspatners from Italy, UK, Malta, Spain, Greece and Germany and pedagogical theater teachers, students discover their own voice and encourage to let their voice be heard as the grow in empathy and perspective. Through the theatre methods we plan to approach too the cultural interest of all our students. During the creation, planning and execution for a common interdisciplinary play will be trained theatre methods, entrepreneurial skills combined with European values.
But why theatre? Theatre pedagogic - Theatre - as an innovative method to develop basic and transversal skills in students, is an already proved method in our Germany schools. We want to expand our experiences and use this topic nationally and internationally, therefore we plan to combine theatre aesthetics und methods for a school project with a special theme: “the EU citizen values” (Democracy, Equality, Freedom, respect for human dignity and human rights, and the rule of law)
In this second phase (2018-2019) we create a common play about the European Values. Through prior knowledge about theatrical methods that Students and teachers learned in the first phase this project. The students exchange their interests, theatrical interests and experiences, they learn to write a script, they perform individual plays. Students learn more theatrical methods and finally they performance a common play about European valuesin Malta. All this activities and plays will be collected on a film and an E-book and this results all this information are the basis of our theater curriculum.
- to improve the “culture of interaction in culturally heterogeneous contexts”, which has positive effects on the atmosphere in the class and at school.
- To reach and develop the youth´s entrepreneurial skills, acquire the pupils´ European identity an strengthen language skills and enable students to function and communicate more proficiently, work independently as a member of a team, to value the individual contributions of others, and to learn virtually any subject matter in a more dynamic way.
- To promote theatre and pedagogical drama not only creative and methods of dealing with elements of performing art, but also provides holistic, playful und innovative approaches to the embodiment of current topics in language teaching or social studies like European values. These are put into practice via projects or performances.
- To make connections between theatre arts and other art forms, other curriculum areas, dramatic media, and the related use of technology and data.
- to engage students in the creative process and the practical application of theatre techniques (such as observing, considering possibility, and communicating) which students can use in studying other areas of the curriculum and for life-long learning.
- to promote higher level critical and creative thinking skills, problem recognition and problem solving, intuition, examination and implementation of conflict resolution, and the learning of reading, writing, math and other areas of the curriculum. We want to change from passive spectators to active spectatorship.
- The developing creativity competence
- The developing und Expansion der communicative competence
- The intercultural competence
- The entrepreneurial competence
- The civic competence
- The interdisciplinary competence
- The media competence