Musketeers of Words 2019 - Polish High School Oxford Debate Championship in English has been planned as a culminating event of "Speak up, even if your voice shakes". The 4th Edition was oficially opened by Mr Adrian Sajna, VI LO Deputy Head and the tournament's founders, Ms Monika Izbaner and Mr Krzysztof Hyżyk
This year's motions:
1. All traders should be allowed to refer to the conscience clause.
2. We should put high tax on unhealthy food.
3. Unvaccinated children should not be allowed to attend public schools.
4. Love is blind.
5. Children’s literature should have realistic rather than happy endings.
6. Anonymity on the Internet does more harm than good.
All the Speak up teams put a lot of effort into the preparations and we were all really excited about the tournament
On the first day all the teams debated twice. Below Polish students vs Secondary School No. 1 from Gdańsk. Motion: Anonymity on the Internet does more harm than good.
The Slovene team vs Secondary School No. 9 in Bydgoszcz.
IIS Don Milani vs Secondary School No. 3 from Gdańsk
Hebbelschule Kiel vs Gimnazija Bežigrad
The international team vs Secondary School No. 3 from Gdańsk
The debates went really well and to our great delight two Speak up teams qualified for the semi-finals on Friday. We celebrated the news at a party at school