Summary of all the answers given by parents from the different project partners:
EVALUATION OF THE PROJECT: IMPACT IN PARENTS
1. What were the positive impacts of the host?
The experience of the families was very positive. The parents exposed the following:
• Opportunity for communication in foreign languages and motivation for further learning of foreign languages.
• Opportunity for socializing and learning about different cultures (habits, customs).
• Appropriate use of interactive applications for the purpose of translating.
• Staying in touch with the guests.
• The families included in the "project" were brought together and connected even more.
• They had possibility to speak English.
• They could meet different culture and customs of students from different countries.
• They learnt some words in students’ native languages.
• They have contact with students from different countries till now.
2. What could be improved if you host a student again?
• Parents have no suggestions for improvement.
• Everything was well organized
3. What were the positive impacts of your child’s visit abroad?
About foreign languages
• Children learnt how to communicate with other children in foreign languages.
• Great opportunity to reinforce, speak and improve their English.
• They improved their linguistic abilities: language competences and communicative skills.
• They got chance to analyze and compare their own and other experience when they communicate with their friends.
• Better marks in English at school.
• They had a great opportunity to see host country’s culture , experience the daily life style and increase their knowledge about host country.
• Children visited monuments, historical and cultural places.
• Children learnt about different educational systems and approaches at school.
• They could observe the way their friends acquire knowledge at school and compare with the way they learn at school.
• Improved scientific competences by taking part in all the science activities.
• Carrying on experiments explaining them.
• Watching the experiments conducted by the others.
• Improved knowledge in History and Geography.
• They increased their skills in using ICT tools.
• Greater independence of children.
• Living with people from other countries made them a better person, an open minded person.
• They gained in positive attitude and selfconfidence.
• Meeting new friends from different countries that will last for years.
• They had an opportunity to try new meals.
• Increased their social abilities.
• They enjoyed, had fun and visited beautiful places.
• Ability to work in a team and to make decisions.
• They opened their imagination and incread their respect to other cultures.
• They could spent unforgettable time with their friend’s families.