Photos, videos and documents related with the mobility in Greece
“C2 - GREEK CULTURAL AND LINGUISTIC HERITAGE KNOWLEDGE RELATED WITH EASTER TO KNOW SIMILARITIES AND DIFFERENCES WITH OTHER PARTNERS' HERITAGE”
ORGINAZATION - PREPARATION
On 20 and 22 January 2019 the three schools of the project organized two online meetings in order to have a first live contact, both teachers and pupils and in order to organize the C2 Mobility in Hortiatis – Greece. The on-line meetings took place at the eTwinning - Twinspace platform.
In February 2019 the teachers and pupils of the three schools involved in the project decided the final association of the hosting and hosted pupils for the mobility in Greece, after the first on-line meetings at the Twinspace platform in January and after the creation of a team at “What’s up” social network for the purpose of knowing each other. We decided that the final number of the Italian pupils that would participate in the C2 mobility to Greece would be twenty (20), seven (7) more than the number of the Italian pupils of the project’s contract, provided that seven (7) more Greek pupils would be hosted by the Italian pupils during C1 mobility in Italy. This was proposed by the Italian colleagues as there was a great request of the Italian pupils to participate in the C2 mobility and also the Greeks pupils agreed to that proposal with great enthusiasm.
Also the teachers of the three schools involved In the project decided that the final dates for the mobility in Greece would be from 6 to 15 April 2019, totally ten (10) days of activities, three (3) days more than the number of the activity days of the project’s contract. This was proposed by the Italian colleagues in order the schedule of activities to correspond with the air flight dates of the Italian group.
Then the Greek teachers organized the final schedule of activities “C2 - Greek cultural and linguistic heritage knowledge related with Easter to know similarities and differences with other partners' heritage”.
In order to finalize the cultural routes of the guided sightseeing at the monuments in Thessaloniki that was scheduled during the C2 mobility, and taking into account that the guides would be the Greek pupils, we visited the No50 Cultural Route Bus of the Urban Transportation.
Then the Greek pupils were assigned the task to study one or more monuments and prepare a relative presentation in order to guide the Italian and Romanian pupils and teachers during the C2 mobility.
On 17 March 2019 the Greek teachers involved in the project organized a meeting with the hosting families, pupils and volunteers in order to inform them about the final schedule of the C2 mobility and their obligations as hosting families. We also discussed about the organization of the buffet at the welcome ceremony as well as the farewell ceremony, as all the dishes would be offered by the families. The meeting took place at the school with the presence of the President of the Association of Parents and Guardians and the Deputy Mayor of Education.
At the end of the meeting the hosting pupils and the volunteers took a T-shirt of the Erasmus+ school project.
In addition, in March the pupils who were assigned the task to study one or more monuments in order to guide the Italian and Romanian pupils and teachers during the C2 mobility, prepared presentations of the monuments of Thessaloniki, Hortiatis and the Folklore Museum of Panorama:
GR_P_6_2_3_FOLKLORE MUSEUM PANORAMA GUIDE.pdf
Also the Greek pupils, on the occasion of the C2 Mobility, prepared a photography exhibition at the school with their own photos of Hortiatis and the Monuments of Thessaloniki. The exhibition will be permanent at the main hall of the school.
In addition we printed two banners for our project and put them at the central entrance of the school as a dissemination activity. Finally we produced bookmarks and posters of the project which would be some of the gifts to the Italian and Romanian pupils and teachers during C2 mobility.
The banners of the project:
REALIZATION OF THE MOBILITY
From 6 April to 15 April 2019 our school organized the C2 short-term exchanges of groups of pupils “Greek cultural and linguistic heritage knowledge related with Easter to know similarities and differences with other partners' heritage”. The total days of activities were ten (10), three (3) days more than the number of the activity days of the project’s contract. Twenty (20) Italian pupils, seven (7) more than the number (13) of the Italian pupils of the project’s contract and twelve (12) Romanian pupils were hosted by thirty two (32) Greek pupils. The Italian pupils were accompanied by three (3) Italian teachers (one Italian teacher accompanied from 6 to 10 April and another Italian teacher accompanied from 11 to 15 April) and the Romanian pupils were accompanied by two (2) Romanian teachers.
C2.1. Activities on Saturday 06 April 2019
- Welcome meeting of all the participants at the municipal hall of Hortiatis
- Guided walking and sightseeing in the settlement of Hortiatis.
The greek pupils guided the Italian and Romanian pupils and teachers at the monuments of Hortiatis.
- Watching the documentary of the Holocaust of Hortiatis prepared by the pupils of the 3rd Gymnasium of Hortiatis
C2.2. Activities on Sunday 07 April 2019
- Welcome ceremony with the participation of all the Greek pupils, teachers and parents and the representatives of the Municipality of Pilea-Hortiatis:
Welcome speech by the Headmaster of the Greek school
Presentation of the Greek school, Hortiatis, Thessaloniki and important Greek monuments
Presentation of the Italian school, Leonforte, important Italian monuments
Presentation of the Romanian school - Petrosani, important Romanian monuments
The presentations of the three schools:
"MIHAI EMINESCU" NATIONAL COLLEGE, PETROSANI, ROMANIA
I.I.S. "E. MEDI" LEONFORTE, ITALY
"2 GENIKO LIKIO OF HORTIATIS", GREECE
GREEK PRESENTATION 7_4_19 .pdf
Folklore Greek dances - “Tsamiko”: Traditional Easter dance
Traditional Greek dances
Break - Buffet with traditional dishes of the Easter’s fasting prepared by the Greek pupils, parents and teachers
Traditional Greek songs
Teaching of a traditional Greek dance to the visiting pupils and teachers
Team building activities
C2.3. Activities on Monday 08 April 2019
- Presentation of the “Tourism Services of Thessaloniki”
- Educational visit at the University of Macedonia
- Guided walking and sightseeing in the center of Thessaloniki
C2.4. Activities on Tuesday 09 April 2019
- Visit at the Agricultural Cooperative of Beekeepers Nikiti of Chalkidiki
- Visit at the folklore museum - walking at the traditional settlement of Nikiti with the pupils of the Gymnasium of Nikiti as guides
- Dancing traditional dances with the pupils of the Gymnasium of Nikiti
- Guided walking at the traditional settlement of Afytos
C2.5. Activities on Wednesday 10 April 2019
- Educational program at the winery “Ktima Gerovassiliou” and the Gerovassiliou wine museum
- Workshop. Life Skills – Developing Social Entrepreneurs
C2.6. Activities on Thursday 11 April 2019
- Guided visit at the archaeological site and museum of Vergina – Aigai
- Guided visit at the Olympus National Park Management Agency
C2.7. Activities on Friday 12 April 2019
- Watching the historical Greek film “Exodus 1826”. Exodus 1826 is the journey of a group of Greek fighters from Samarina Grevena, aiming to reach Messolongi nine days before Exodus, April 10, 1826, during the Greek rebellion against the Ottomans.
C2.8. Activities on Saturday 13 April 2019
- Guided visit at the museums and the monuments of UNESCO World Heritage of Thessaloniki
- Guided walking at the historical center of Thessaloniki
C2.9. Activities on Sunday 14 April 2019
- Guided visit at the museums and the monuments of UNESCO World Heritage
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KQXGmv3UqAgpip3qsOjsoxZ_1wUhvs_5/view?usp=sharing (video prepared by the italian pupils)
- Farewell party: farewell speeches by the teachers and pupils, watching the video of the activities of the mobility and the video for the European Parliament Elections, awarding the attendance certificates and gifts to the Italian and the Romanian pupils, folklore dances and music, buffet with traditional Greek Easter food.
C2.10. Activities on Monday 15 April 2019
- Meeting with the vice Mayor – presentation of the municipality’s project of social entrepreneurship
- Educational visit at the Folklore Museum of Panorama