Pupils are working... Look at the task (in Italian!) assigned by the teacher Monica Roscioli.
By next February 28th, pupils have to:
1) search for open source software specifically designed for library management;
2) come up with ideas for cataloging books.
March 1st, 2019
Pupils (3D) explained ideas for our library with the teacher Monica Roscioli.
...and the teacher Micaela Conti.
On the 26th of February 2019, a collective discussion was held about how to catalogue books in a school library. The issued criteria are the following:
1. According to rib book’s colours (Ex.: First shelf for the red books, etc..)
2. According to the topic (Ex.: Horror, Adventure, etc. ..)
3. According to the alphabetic order of the book’s title
4. According to the publishing house
5. According to the alphabetic order of the authors' names
6. According to the chronological order of publication
7. According to the number of pages
On the 27th of February 2019, there was a vote for the choice of a common criterion.
The results were the following:
In addition to the criterion based on the topic, another secondary criterion was chosen in order to sort the books within each topic: by the number of pages!
We are working on the library... There is a lot to do...
We are still working on the library... But we ordered pieces of furniture...
April 29th, 2019
Look at our poor library!!! Waiting for furniture...
May 10th, 2019
Some pupils from 3aD and Prof.ssa Monica Roscioli summarized their work for our school's library. Click on the link!
May 15th, 2019
The library is still a mess... But, it will last for a few days yet...
May 22nd, 2019
Look at our brand new library!!! This is a great achievement for all of us.
Now? At work!
May 24th, 2019
Look at this! Our speedy-pupils...!!! (Thanks to Vladimiro Vagnetti, Cristiana Piampiano, and our special school assistants Rita and Simonetta).