Before we start working together, let's break the ice and get to know one another.
1. Complete your personal profile
Choose a photo or create an avatar, and tell your partners who you are - you can write 100 words only, make the most of it: be creative and original! :-)
Tools to create avatars: http://doppelme.com/ (save the final image as gif), http://www.buildyourwildself.com/
2. Give a context: present your cities / schools / classes
Make it interesting and fun using the tools suggested below. Upload the material you created onto forum 1a (to upload a photo collage into the forum, upload it into the folder "Break the ice" in the "Materials" section of Twinspace first). Then comment on and react to your partners' presentations in the forum and compare your city / school / class to theirs.
- present your class - a photo, a short video, a little voice recording, what your timetable looks like, what you study, etc.
- present your school - a photo collage of your favourite places, of your classrooms, a short video tour, etc.
- present your area - a map, a photo collage of the places where you hang around, a quiz about your city or country, etc.
Tools you can use: for audio messages: voki, blabberize, videos, voice QR / for quizzes: learningapps / for photo collages: http://www.pizap.com/photo-collage-templates.php
3. Winter Holiday Season Cards exchange
Prepare a card to share greetings with your partners for the end of the year and the start of a new year. Make it creative and colourful.
Address as: Dear Friend and sign off giving your name.
On the right part include your wishes (ideas here), a short presentation about yourself and a few things about your country's and family's end of year customs and what you like about this time of year.
On the left part, below, in a RED circle, write ONE word to answer the question "What does this time of the year mean to you?"
After you receive the cards sent to you:
Post the word you received on this answergarden
Then, on the padlet upload photos of the card you received and thank the person who sent it to you. Then use forum 1b to write what impressed you the most about the card you got and the end of year customs of the country where it came from.
The cards have to be delivered to the teachers by December 5th, 2014
4. Now let's create our collaborative festive poem
1. Find the words HERE: http://answergarden.ch/view/125802
2. Pick up the ones you want to use and visit TitanPad:https://titanpad.com/qBjmRzzMF6
3. Continue the poem, when you finish your lines enter your name in brackets
4. Respect what the others have written and don't delete them, use appropriate language, you can write more than once if you want.
Deadline: 15 January
5. The result: our poem published in a small e-book
Origami fun!! Print and fold this "picozine" and get our poem in a 16-page booklet!
This is the text:
'SNOW IN THE LIGHT OF NIGHT'