This project arises from the needs of two perfectly complementary schools in Europe, in terms of cooperation and exchange of good practices: on the one hand, a primary school in London through the empowerment of musical education in their curriculum and integrating element of students at its center; on the other hand, a music conservatory, specialist in instrumental musical practice and that is starting a program of English bilingual education. Both schools share similar students´age and teaching staff involved in improving their educational practice.
Among all our concrete objectives, we can mention:
- To use music as a meeting place and integration among all participants.
- To improve communicative English and Spanish Language skills.
- To work collaboratively between two school centers in all the Project´s activities.
- To increase the sense of initiative through musical performance, a story, screenplay, acting and staging.
- To promote and increase ICTs as level of digital competence among pupils and teachers.
- To motivate student learning by giving projection out of the study center.
- To perform an interpretation of quality musical tale staged.
- To adopt a more active participation in society and show a more positive attitude towards European project and EU values.
- To develop new approaches in teaching-learning process to provide more attractive education and training programme.
- To produce and share sustainable resources due to different activities.
Regarding target groups to be addressed, they will be involved:
At the Conservatory: All Bilingual English Section -pupils and teachers staff.
At the Primary School: All Music Departaments- pupils and teachers´staff.
As regards to activities , they will be distributed per academic year 2015/2016 and 2016/2017 and they will be constituted by the following phases.
Preliminary Phase: Setting up the partnership. Establishment Information and Dissemination Activity Plan. Coordination Activities between both school centers.
Phase 1: Teaching activities at each center: Activities to create the script tale, to create/adapt music, to integrate words and music and to design the stage.
Phase 2: Preparation of visits: Activities for select teacher/s to preparatory visits. Activities to select pupils involved in school exchanges. Activities teachers´ preparatory visits.
Phase 3: Pupils´five days visits exchanges in each center. Rehearsals will be performed with all project participants from both nationalities. A final live public performance of the music tale will be played. Dissemination activities in local press to publish pupils´exchange.
Phase 4: Assesment of results by teachers and students at the end of each academic year. The whole course of the project will be analized in order to improve for the following academic year.
Phase 5: Evaluation and project closure. At the end of the 24 month duration of the project, realization of the Final Project. Memory and publication of results and resources.
During all project´s phases, we will use an eminently active, participatory and communicative methodology of peer learning. The principles of respect, equality and inclusion will be present at all stages of the project. Moreover, all project´s activities will be focused on creativity, innovation and modernization and improvement of educational practice.
A short description of the results should be:
Tangibles ones: Final Project Report. Script, Scores, DVDs, newsletters, information leaflets, reports, story staging equipment...
No tangibles ones: Increased social, cultural, initiative and creative skills, especially in music and language fields.
Talking about impact envisage:
Inside school community:
-A more positive attitude towards the European Project and values.
- Improvement of foreign language skills and digital competences.
- Consideration of music as their future professional vocation and develop their artistic abilities.
- Greater understanding and responsiveness to social, linguistic and cultural diversity.
- To enlarge their pedagogical perspective.
- Optimization the existing organization in teaching departments.
- To integrate good practices and new methods into daily activities.
In communities of the participating centers:
- Social and cultural enrichment of each locality due to open synergies with different organisations actives.
- Teachers from both schools will expand their perspective of music teaching and education in general, future students will take the most of this experience.