Welcome to Environment surrounding us as a challenge and responsibility
The name of the project is Environment surrounding us as a challenge and responsibility.
It is made as a project for the European ERASMUS+ project, key action KA2, Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices, Strategic Partnerships for Schools Only.
Objectives of the project are to:
- raise interest in natural environment,
- increase the awareness, understanding and responsibility for environmental protection,
- encourage learning of foreign languages through modern teaching methods,
- learn about other countries using new opportunities created by new technological tools and devices,
- support greater understanding and respecting of social, cultural and linguistic diversities of the countries in developing of the European identity,
build up understanding of the European Union policy,
- promote multidisciplinary and inter-disciplinary approaches by using the CLIL methods,
- develop transferable skills (communication, creativity, decision making, organization, planning, problem solving, team working,
- develop better cooperation between schools, public and participating educational institutions.
The coordinator of the project is the Czech Republic; partners’ countries are Croatia, Greece, Latvia, Poland, Spain and Turkey.
A) Online activities:
- creating a project logo and project websites
- herbaria and brochure about endangered animals and plants
- international picture dictionary of environmental elements
- cultural and social differences (international cooking book, festivals in our countries)
B) Activities at our schools:
- participate in CLIL geography and history lessons
- global warming (changing of weather in our countries)
- environmental elements (pollution; bird watching; planting of flowers; photography competition)
- Erasmus+ Day (presentations of our project, getting the feedback, evaluation of the project)
C) Transnational meetings in:
- the Czech Republic
D) Mobilities to:
- Latvia (environmental element: water)
- Spain (recycling)
- Croatia (nature: park, mountains, plants for cooking and our health)
- the Czech Republic (endangered animals and plants, recycling, hiking)
In all countries we have also visited different natural and history museums and typical cities or villages.
We have also find out interesting facts about the way we live in different countries, learnt about our geography and history.
At the end, we have practised English language and met new friends.
For more information about the activities and project outputs see the menu of the project website.