- Provide a space for the meeting of participants to exchange opinion on literary subjects.
- Favor the use of free time in activities like reading by offering supplemental authentic reading material that appeals to learners' needs and interests, thus increasing motivation.
- Develop a variety of strategies in dealing with a text, reading intensively, reading for pleasure, scanning for differences - similarities, summing up.
- Develop critical thinking.
- Develop a range of skills and strategies which target reader's autonomy following a pre, while and post- reading procedure.
- A balanced training of both low-level strategies such as word recognition and high-level processes such as inferencing abilities.
- Use the foreign language as a means of authentic social interaction.
- Give pupils access to online collaborative environments and multimodal, non-linear texts.
- Integrating educational technology in an English as a foreign language learning environment for the development of pupils' New Literacies, reading skills, motivation, collaboration and cultural awareness.
- Give the project that European dimension that trains our students as European citizens, developing that awareness and valuing the richness of the cultures that surround us.
COMPETENCES PROMOTED WITHIN THIS PROJECT:
Communication in foreign languages (Reading in the second language, fostering literary gatherings and communicating with students of other countries ).
Digital competence (developing students and teachers digital skills through the use of web 2.0 tools and the twinspace platform ).
Social and civic competences (developing European citizenship by giving value to differences, collaborating for common goals and respecting different points of view).
Cultural awareness (introducing a European dimension into the curriculum).
Learning to learn (meta-cognitive strategies,improving motivation, autonomous/cooperative and discovering learning)
Peer learning (pupils learning with and from each other as fellow learners without any implied authority)
- Literature vocabulary: genres, characters, plot, ending, etc.
- Grammatical structures in simple past tenses (regular and irregular forms), questions in past simple and simple
- Vocabulary related to the rooms in a house and furniture.
- Colours and their meaning according to feelings.
OTHER SUBJECTS INVOLVED:
- Arts and Crafts