Top tips for video calls!
- Give the time of the call in all time zones
- Hold a practice call with the teachers to sort out technical problems
- Don’t use wireless (if possible)
- Have a clear plan for the call (but you can still be flexible!)
- Prepare your pupils in advance, eg how to behave and speak to the webcam + what call is about
- Exchange vocabulary in advance
- Give the pupils something to do for if the call drops
- After the call, ask the pupils to reflect on their learning
Using the 'Live' feature in eTwinning:
Using Chrome doesn't seem to work properly - use Firefox or Explorer.
If it isn't working, please check the following:
the microphone and webcam buttons at the top of your screen need to be green
you might need to run the Audio set up wizard as follows:
Meeting - audio set-up wizard - run through the instructions
the host may have to enable your microphone and webcam.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.