OCTOBER: first steps of the project:
- teachers present the project to their students
- students in the 5 countries complete the activities on PAGES 1, 2, 3
Deadline: October 31st. Good luck to all!
NOVEMBER: team up and start your research!
- students have a look at pages 1, 2, 3, take the quizzes, and comment / react in forum #1; they also vote for the project logo (giving their argument first).
- students (in national groups) choose a topic and find some European partner-groups to team up with --> PARTNER-FINDING FORUM
- teachers register the international teams into the table PAGE 4 and teach about information research, article formats, the press, etc. (input)
- each team gets assigned a collaborative Twinspace page (PAGE 5) to brainstorm and write the results of their research AND a forum thread to discuss the process.
- teams start their research on their topics to be able to :
1. write a short collaborative news article
2. write a script for a collaborative radio programme.
DECEMBER: research time!
- international teams communicate via their thread in the forum to agree on the work process and start write some content on their topic on their team page. (PAGE 5)
- last days to vote for the project logo! (PAGE 3)
- December is also a time for celebrations! Students write a collaborative Christmas story together. (PAGE 6)
JANUARY: work on the magazine articles.
- finish their research.
- organise their ideas.
- decide which part they will write in the article and which part they wish to keep for the radio programme (one specific aspect / angle),
- start writing the article.
- start copying their article into the magazine( Madmagz) and illustrate it.
Students: finish copying their articles into the magazine (Madmagz), illustrate them, proof-read and correct them, improve them (PAGE 7)
MARCH: work on the radio programmes.
- learn about the radio and what is specific about this media, what are the rules to follow.
- work on their radio scripts.
- practise / voice their scripts, and start recording the programmes
APRIL / MAY : finishing touches and evaluation
- students finish recording the radio programmes and upload them on their teams' padlets on their teams' page (SUB-PAGES 5)
- students create, record, and vote for the intro and closing of the RadioActive shows; they also choose some CC jingles - PAGE 9
- audio editing (students join the parts to create the collaborative programmes): the results published PAGE 10
- students design magazine covers and vote for the best one (PAGE 8); the magazine is published: PAGE 10
- self and peer evaluation (students listen to the radio programmes / read the magazine, and they comment + vote) - PAGE 11
- project evaluation (assessing one's own team's work and participation in the project): PAGE 12
Time to say good-bye! PAGE 13
Teacher project evaluation PAGE 14