The project aims to be an educational approach that aims to stimulate students to respect nature and raise awareness among their peers and family members to raise awareness of the attitudes towards sustainability of the planet. Students will investigate the major local and global environmental problems and possible mitigation measures. The intention is to involve the school community with a commitment of ecological measures that we can all do daily (small gestures can make great changes). It is also intended to be involved with Environmental Associations that help to better understand global issues and what is being done at European level to combat climate change. Thus, at the end of the project, we intend to create more friendly and proactive students of the environment.
- Motivate students to local and global environmental issues;
- Develop teamwork skills during the execution of an environmental project;
- Learn to use different technologies and web tools 2 .;
- To know the geological, biological, historical and cultural heritage (local and global);
- Understand the importance of environmental protection, natural resource management and biodiversity;
- Promote meaningful and relevant learning experiences involving families and Environmental Associations with the objective of improving educational success;
- Develop skills in the development of scientific articles and scientific literacy.
September / October - Presentation of groups; research on the subject by partner schools; processing and analysis of information on the local historical and cultural heritage and the natural site; identification of challenges and distribution of tasks; contact with potential associations and external collaborators;
November / December - study visits and field trips with the organization of photographic records together with other information. Monitoring of possible areas of study; Google Maps and Google Earth queries; analysis and discussion of information and samples;
January / February- sharing of information and data collected with partner schools. Possibility of videoconference in twinspace.
March / April - preparation of a conference for the school community and family with the presentation of the results of the study developed and as a way of raising awareness of local and global environmental issues.
May- School conference and / or an ebook with for presentation of the work done
With this project we intend to create more friendly and proactive students of the environment.
The final products will be the presentation of the work in a school conference and/ or an ebook presenting the work done.
• Define the SDGs
• Describe and understand what is meant by climate change (Causes and results)
• Spread knowledge about climate change
• Share ideas within the local community and other schools about how climate action goals can be achieved.
• Take action to achieve climate change goals.
• Communicate and collaborate with others locally and globally in order to promote awareness and action regarding climate change.
• Develop English language skills.
• Develop ICT skills.
Develop collaborative and interpersonal skills.
Develop critical thinking skills
• Develop problem solving skills
Develop and practice the following important behaviours: sense of responsibility, creative thinking, sense of appreciation to our planet.