Cultural Heritage is important for me, for you, for us.
School Year 2018/2019
AIMS OF THE PROJECT
- To know about other cultures and people despite that they live far away from us, they have the same interests to us.
- To take the advantage of the net to broaden our classrooms.
- To develop creativity and imagination to elaborate our own products.
- To work on a collaborative work using the advantages of the net.
- To be aware the importance of cultural heritage of our areas.
- To promote the knowledge about important cultural heritage artefacts which are around us.
- To collaborate with institutions to promote the cultural and natural heritage.
PARTNERS OF THE PROJECT
- 5º de EP, Colegio San Gregorio, Aguilar de Campoo (España)
- Holy Trinity School, Guildford, (Inglaterra)
TIMING FOR THE DIFFERENT TASKS:
We will create the blog in which the Project will be run and open the Twinspace for the Project. Also it will be time to explain to school, students and families about the different task of the project. We will use blogger the same for both schools and at the beginning only teachers will be register in the Twinspace, along the project we will try to register the students in order to have fluent communication.
Presentation of the different students and teachers. It will be one presentation of each school and it would be uploaded into the blog in the section ‘Heritage detectives’ The presentation will include basic data as name, birth date, likes, hobbies, etc….
Cultural traditions and festivals of our city and country. Students will create a video explaining which are the main festivals and traditions of your area, they could be local or national ones.
- They can use pictures about it.
- They can include small videos.
- If there are typical clothes they can wear them to explain.
Christmas celebration. There are going to be a couple of events to celebrate Christmas together:
- Hangout singing different Christmas carols.
- Christmas postcards one-to-one
- My Christmas Diary. They will write some post in a diary to explain with photos how Christmas are celebrated in each country.
Support a monument of your city. Students will choose a monument of the city and investigate it and create a presentation and a video about it, the video could be recorded at the monument with some explanations.
Famous people of the city or town. Having a look to the street names we will discover important people of the city or country. Student will dress up as them and in groups they will record an interview of them.
Exchange Spanish student will go to Guildford for one week. Looking for European Cultural Heritage. Students will create posters about an important Cultural Heritage item from Europe.
At each schools: Create a touristic route using all the material created along the two previous months. We will create a Google Map with all of it making these routes publics.
To prepare the exchange week English students will prepare some traditional games to play with the Spanish during the exchange week.
Looking for natural spaces in the surrounded areas. They will create infographies in which they include explanations of the spaces, what you can see and do there, possible trekking routes.
Learning about other cultural heritage item. Other cultures students can create a presentation and show to the rest by a videoconference meeting.
During this month it will take place the second part of the Exchange. Holy Trinity School will visit San Gregorio School. During the exchange week students will do a photo marathon so at the end we can create a digital poster all together with the main cultural heritage of Aguilar de Campoo. (Parents will help us)
Transnational task using forums and chats of the platform. Students in groups will investigate and create mind maps about what they have learnt about cultural and natural heritage of both areas.
To prepare the exchange week Spanish students will prepare some traditional games to play with the English during the exchange week.
We will assess this project from two different points of view:
- Assessment of the project: We will check if we have achieved the aims of the project. Also we will ask families, teachers and students implied in the project.
- Assessment of the activities of the project: Each activity will be evaluated by the teachers using a rubric.