• Designed to motivate students and to create interest in learning various topics through coding
• Help students lay a solid foundation for further study in programming
Wit the GREAT project, we aim to demonstrate to teachers and students that robots can be used to illustrate different courses such as sciences, mathematics, technology or even arts, and also be the building blocks of a brand new robotics club!
TYPES OF ROBOTS
- Lego Mindstorm has its own software. I you are getting started with LEGO MINDSTORMS, the EV3 Software provides a great introduction to programming, but sooner or later you and your students might be ready for something different. For example, one option is to use a text-based programming language, such as RobotC, that better reflects the dominant style of programming in the computer industry. You can find a list of some of the most popular third-party alternatives at the following link: http://www.legoengineering.com/alternative-programming-languages/
- BBC micro:bit is a handheld, programmable micro-computer that can be used for all sorts of cool creations, from robots to musical instruments – the possibilities are endless.
- Makeblock robots: mBot, CodeRocky and Neuron Blocks. mBot is also an ideal teaching assistant in high-quality education. It’s lately been accredited by Kokoa Standard, a Finnish EdTech quality verification service provider.
We are using mBots and Bbc micro:bit as both can be programmed by scratch and python.
Scratch is a programming language and an online community where children can program and share interactive media including stories, games, and animation with people from all over the world.
mBlock 5 (software for mBot, CodeRocky and micro:bit) is based on Scratch 3.0. By supporting block-based and text-based programming, mBlock 5 allows users to freely create games and animations, and to program Makeblock robots and micro: bit. Additionally, the software features cuttingedge technologies like Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Internet of Things (IoT), making it the perfect helper for coding educators and learners.