An Easter Lamb Cake is the centerpiece and dessert on many German tables at Easter. The sweet lamb, representing the Lamb of God, is baked into a lamb shaped mold. Some use a mold to bake an Easter Bunny instead.
- 2 eggs (sizeM)
- 125 g soft butter
- 110 g powder sugar
- 1 package vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 100 g flour
- 1/2 table spoon baking powder
- 60 g ground almonds
- a little butter and flour for the mold
How to prepare
- Grease the lamb form and dust with flour.
- Preheat the oven 180 °C (Two-sided heat) or 160 °C (hot air)
- Separate the egg white and egg yolk
- Beat the egg white with the half of the powder sugar
- Mix the egg yolk with the rest of the sugar, the vanille sugar, the butter and the salt till creamy.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder and the almonds and mix in.
- Add carefully the beaten egg white.
- Add the dough to the mold
- Bake the cake for about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Let the lamb stand cool for about 10 minutes before removing the mold. Let cool down totally.
- Sprinkle with powder sugar