3rd Meeting Erasmus+ in Murcia
The third meeting of students in Murcia was developed around the book "Captain Alatriste”, written by Arturo Perez Reverte.
A set of activities was designed for the students to complete during this meeting from the 12th to the 16th of November 2018.
Prior to the meeting, a competition where the students should create a comic based on the book was organized. These are some of the works they presented: First you will find a small preview, but you can download a document with the full comics.
See full comics here
You can consult the full program of activities of this week here. But we can point out up the following:
* Cohesion Activities: We organize different activities (ice breakers, presentations...) in order the students to meet each other and work collaboratively together during the week.
* Gymkhana around Murcia city:Students visited the city in an original way: answering questions and solving challenges, as you can see here.
* Alatriste's Madrid and El Prado Museum: Students from the host school (IES El Carmen) guided the participants of the project around Madrid city recreating some scenes from the book using the real scenaries of the emblematic Madrid. Here you can see the route and some of the pictures they saw which were related to the book.
* Fencing Workshop: Students participated in a workshop where they could check their abilities "fighting" like Alatriste does in the book.
* Comic Workshop: Mr. Joan Mundet (Illustrator of Alatriste's Comic) explained the process he used to illustrate Alatriste and gave the students some advice. You can see some of Joan Mundet works here.
* Theatre play "El Lazarillo de Tormes": One of the most important works of Spanish literary was represented in one of the city theatres, so students and teachers had the opportunity to see the play.
* Making Alatriste alive: Students, in groups, chose a representative scene of the book and reproduce it as a live picture. They had to prepare the scenes and set the scene with music
For the closing event we were honoured with the presence of Murcia's mayor: Mr. José Ballesta