Here you will find several experiments about weight and weightlessness:
- Weight on a slope: how does your weight change while standing on a slope?
- Changing of weight in an elevator: why do astronauts think that they weigh more or less when their spacecraft starts and lands? How does the weight of somebody change in a moving elevator?
- Magnet on a balance: can you influence the weight of a magnet with another magnet?
- Generating gravity: on a long spacetrip astronauts want to generate gravity, so that they experience less problems. To do this, they can spin their spacecraft.
- Changing of buoyancy: on different planets, gravity is different. We will simulate this during the experiment
The last experiment is about the spacesuit. Can a spacesuit protect an astronaut against cosmic radiation and against the impact of micrometeorites?
A video made by Antonietta Amore collecting all the different activities Italian students carried out preparing physics experiments: