link to the project plan
1. Introduce yourself
2. Introduce the pupils
3. My school presentation
4. My town and country
5. Registration and getting to know the platform CinEd
OCTOBER / NOVEMBER
6. Designing a project logo. Voting
7. We watch movies based on familiar books (parts of books)
8. Watching the black and white and the color film "Serpentine Dances" from Lumière and Alice Guy. Brief information and comparison. (As in a dance, the camera can perform choreographic movements. The creators of avant-garde films are often artists, artists - directors. They redirect their searches to the screen).
Questions and Tasks: What do they want the dance to look like? What colours do the veils see? They can paint veils and colour them to their liking. Or they can invent the dance by replacing the veils with something else.
We comment on the impact of music, colours. The expression of the dancer and her hands.
Task for all partners: animation based on drawings or a movie with a fictional from the children's dance.
9. Watching the film "Impressions From the Upper Atmosphere ", José Antonio Sistiaga
Brief information about the author. The film has abstract shapes and colors, not recognizable figures. The evolution of a color circle on a black background is traced. The color intensity changes. To make the circle in the middle, the author used a roll of toilet paper. He used brushes and paints that he made himself. The dots, the spots, everything is painted in the right place. The camera does not record motion, but a series of still images at 24 frames per second.
The film is dedicated to Van Gogh. We will introduce students to the work of this writer and in particular to Van Gogh's painting "Starry Night".
Questions and tasks: comparison of the picture and the depicted circles in the film.
Task to all partners: Drawing colored concentric circles. Students choose different objects to draw the perfect circle with. Making a flipbook (a booklet that draws parts of what we want to see on the go when we open its pages).
10. Congratulations for Christmas and International Cinema Day (December 28). Meeting with teams on Twinspace or Skype (if possible).
JANUARY / FEBRUARY
11. Watching the movie "Notes on the Circus", Jonas Mekas
Brief information about the author Jonas Mekas. The film expresses his experience, not the circus itself. He uses parts of the film in other of his video moments from his daily experiences.
Questions and tasks: What geometric elements are found in the film, what human characters. They make a connection with other films (colors, impact of music, etc.). Experiment as the author of the film with mistakes that are used to reinforce his feelings (eg it is seen that in the film the camera is not focused at times, passes very quickly from one frame to another or mixes different characters.) Students can find the pauses that have been in the film for a longer period of time and tell when they happened.
Task to all partners: Drawings can be made with actions of characters that are shuffled. The challenge here can be to line up properly.
MARCH / APRIL
12. What we read? (advertising on favorite books)
13. Celebration of April 2 International Children's Book
14. Watching the movie "Rainbow Dance", Len Lye
Brief information about the author and films. This is an advertisement for the British Post Office.
Comment on what you may notice about the specific actions of the main character? What stages does it go through? There is no plot here and it is established what the hero is doing. A real human figure was shot for the film, inside which is painted. An intervention in the film strip was used (scratched inside the strip to make stars appear, the rain was completely painted inside the strip). The message of colors creates joy, attention is paid to the impact of music. Here the hero is teleported into time and space. The students are looking for a plot and a story, but here in these films one goes beyond this framework and goes for feeling. So you ask them how you feel, how you feel. What makes them use film. There is no story and no main characters. We make the students find out for themselves from the film what the advertisement is about.
Task to all partners: Everyone to advertise something. A movie collage can be used.
15. The total product of the project: a film from all products from the implementation of the tasks of the partners. Each of the partners will be involved in the development of the pages, supplementing the plan, as well as in the overall products of the project.