Co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Commission.
The name of our project is FOCUS: Developing learning, life and interpersonal skills through a new FOrm-teaching CUrricula for Secondary students. Ref. no. 2017-1-RO01-KA219-037143
European Coordinator: Colegiul Tehnic Ana Aslan, Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
It has a 24 months duration, 1 September 2017-31 August 2019.
There are 5 partner schools from Romania, Greece, Denmark and Poland.
The direct beneficiaries are: 2000 students, age 14-18 who learn in the partner schools, their form teachers (to a total of 80 form teachers and school counselors) and also the management positions who will benefit from exchanges of good practices in educational management.
Another 5200 indirect beneficiaries were identified through the dissemination and valorization activities held by the 5 partner schools.
The main objective of our partnership is to develop a series of 30 lessons based on 10 topics (3 lessons/topic) for the Guidance and Counseling classes.
The main objective of our partnership is to develop a series of 30 lessons based on10 topics (3 lessons/topic) for the Guidance and Counseling classes. OBJECTIVES:
1 - Develop, test and implement innovative practices relating to: new curricula, teaching materials&tools and course on Guidance and Counseling for 2000 high school students of the partner schools;
2 - Strengthen teaching skills and professional development by attending Staff-Training courses, exchanging good practices, carry out peer learning activities and workshops, learning and teaching methodologies and pedagogical approaches, with a focus on guidance, counseling and coaching methods and tools, improving language skills and the use of ICT;
3 - Facilitate recognition and certification of skills and competences by using EU validation instruments;
4 - Promote cooperation between schools from 4 different countries in order to support strategic development and school internationalization
Tasks are equally shared by all partners in producing the teaching materials Methods: peer-learning, project-based learning, ICT and CLIL based.
Each partners school will prepare the teaching materials as follows:
1. Learning Styles and how to make the most of them - Colegiul Tehnic Ana Aslan, Romania
2. The Learning Process: Learn-Revise-Learn Again - Greece
3. Efficient Communication - Denmark
4. Bullying and Teamwork - Poland
5. Time and Money Management - Seminarul Teologic
6. Manage and Cope with Emotions and Stress – Greece
7. Emotional Intelligence - Denmark
8. Present Hobby, Future Career? - Poland
9. Creativity and Problem Solving - Seminarul Teologic Ortodox, Romania
10. Making your life green - Colegiul Tehnic Ana Aslan, Romania
The project's end products are:
- the Guidance and counseling course on Life, Learning and Communication Skills, called FOCUS comprising of the 30 lessons (3 lessons/topic)
- the project website on the etwinning platform where all the materials, lessons etc will be available and free of charge
- the Digital book to be distributed in our communities of teachers
In terms of non-tangible results we expect:
-overall improvement of school performance (marks, willingness to perform, improved truancy/dropout statistics)
- Teachers will develop appropriate instructional strategies to help students achieve the curriculum expectations
- Teachers will benefit from professional development
- teachers will get familiar with new innovative teaching methods
- the schools' public image in the local community will improve
- Headmasters will work to support and encourage partnerships between the school and the broader community in order to facilitate the experiential learning opportunities.