- The teachers will use zeemap to show where their schools exactly are. Students will prepare a short presentation of the partner country using learningapps (quiz) or a ppt (location, capital city, flag, largest cities, most important monuments…)
- The students will introduce themselves and send the information to their partners who will create an avatar according to the information (using either a voki or an avatar). They will learn how to greet someone in the language spoken by their partners.
- The students can do one or all of the following activities: find a mascot (art work), design a common logo on-line using a tool like DrawItlive.com. The pupils can then vote for the best logo/mascot to represent the project
- We will use videoconference/skype if possible
- Students will start reading The Jungle Book/watching the movie/cartoon
FEBRUARY: (the environment around us)
- Students will take pictures of different buildings, trees and landscapes in their environment. We can use tripadvisor.com to make a common presentation of the different buildings and jigsawplanet.com to create some puzzles. A photo gallery is made using different tools (padlet, kizoa, smilebox…).
- We will teach students basic vocabulary connected to the environment and create a sort of dictionary in the different languages.
MARCH: (animals and wildlife)
- Each country will deal with the topic and we will create a sort of survey about our pets.
- Photograph competition: pupils take photos of their pets/plants. The best photo will be selected as the image which will be in a poster with an educational message.
- Pupils will identify the animals in the book/film and characterize them. They will work collaboratively in international teams in order to create an Animal glossary. We could use voicethread.com recording the names of the animals in different languages.
- Pupils will work in small groups, select an animal/plant in danger and will give information about it. They will “create” a new animal collaboratively.
APRIL: (creative writing)
- Small groups work on the creation of a story about an animal/ plant which is in danger of extinction. The partner’s group will continue the story.
- A play for each story. Each group receive at random, the story created by another group and they prepare a pantomime/ play for it
MAY (Human-wildlife-plants coexistence)
- Small groups will create some mottos about protecting the environment.
- Final evaluation
- Students and teachers will prepare a message of farewell
- Teachers will apply for the Quality Label