STUDENTES, TEACHERS AND RENEWED TEACHING AND LEARNING SCENARIOS
The Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports of Castilla-La Mancha, in response to the training demand of teachers working bilingual and multilingual projects, the need for training in linguistic and digital skills, active work methodologies and the need to create spaces that foster the active participation of students in the teaching-learning process, creates the consortium through a Resolution of 12/12/2019, to select educational public centers to set up an Erasmus + Consortium to apply for a project, Key Action 1 in the Education sector, and coordinates the Erasmus + Project "e +Startles: Students, Teachers and Renewed Teaching and Learning Scenarios" to respond to the needs of five educational centers.
The main goal of the project is to create renewed learning scenarios following the model of The Future Classroom Lab.
The specific objectives of the project will respond to five areas of needs and their achievement and integration in the centers will contribute to the creation of these renewed teaching and learning scenarios:
1. Organization of Scenarios area: To Know new learning scenarios based on the structure of the Future Classroom Lab and encourage the participation of teachers in the design of the new environments.
2. Internationalization area: To promote internationalization through autonomous, active, progressive and sustainable participation in European programs.
3. Development of competences area:
-Digital Competence. To develop digital competence in the teaching staff and as a consequence in the students of the participating centers.
- Linguistic competence. To develop teacher linguistic competence mainly in English and French. To foster the incorporation of the second foreign language, French, in the center for early childhood and primary education. To encourage students to choose the second foreign language in secondary education institutions.
-Soft Skills. To develop skills that allow to carry out the teaching work with excellent quality such as motivation, negotiation, delegation of tasks, time management, personal interaction, communication, problem solving, teamwork, critical thinking.
4. Methodological area: Incorporate methodologies of active work in the classroom, methodologies and strategies for bilingual teaching and mindfulness techniques to create active, relaxed and enjoyable teaching-learning scenarios, reducing the stress that many students bring to school.
5. Inclusion area. To develop strategies to address diversity.
To achieve our goal, linguistic and methodological training courses are planned in the United Kingdom, Ireland and France; courses on new learning scenarios framed in the Future Classroom
Lab in Belgium and Estonia; job shadowing and teaching periods in schools in Belgium, Cyprus, Slovenia, Finland, Italy, Poland, Greece, the United Kingdom, Germany and France.
For the reflection, the development of the project and the collaboration between partners, another eTwinning project "eTwinning startles" will be founded. Our goal is to involve the rest of the teachers in the centers, to involve students and also families and other members of the educational community.
In the final phase of the project, an International Dissemination Meeting will be held. All the centers that are part of the consortium, its teaching staff, its students, other members of the educational community, other teachers from the region, teachers and students from the receiving schools and different national and international educational authorities will participate.
The methodology used will be collaborative and we will create professional links with the courses partners and with the receiving schools teachers to work on future collaborative projects and promote the internationalization of our institutions, which will ensure the sustainability and transferability of the project. Its results will be reflected in:
The Institutions, which will incorporate new learning scenarios based on the framework of the future Classroom lab.
The participants that will promote their professional development and improve their linguistic, digital, methodological and other soft skills.
The students, who will have the opportunity to study in active, relaxed and pleasant learning spaces where they can develop capacities to create, to investigate, to interact, to present to exchange and to develop.
The results will be transferable and disseminated to the entire educational community and, consequently, beneficial to all its members.
This consortium project will attract the attention of many other educational centers, not only national but also international, and will serve as an example for the creation of future consortiums in the School Education sector.