Each group has minimally 1 CZ / PL / T student.
For communication use: e-mail, Skype, Facebook, Twinspace or other.
TASK: create a glog ‘Language Exchange’ with a video in which each of the group members will say the same text as the others in all 4 languages: 1st in English, 2nd in your mother tongue, 3rd and 4th in the other languages.
Get from your teacher the names of your group members and contacts to them or find them in the MATERIALS in FOLDER.
Contact your team members via their email or Skype or Facebook contacts. Remember to be polite and do not forget to check the mail and reply as soon as possible or write the time when you can reply or meet for a Skype or be on a chat in Facebook or Twinspace.
If there are two Czechs in one team, for example , only one of the students can do the contacting or one student can contact a Polish student and one a Turkish student. Or you can do it together. You can be present at the Skype together or answer an email together, of course. It is up to you.
3) Choose a name of your group.
4) Choose the English phrases you will teach each other in your mother tongue.
The number of phrases: 6 to 10.
For example: 1. Hello 2. How are you? 3. What is your name? 4. My name is …
5. Where do you live? 6. I live in … 7. Nice to meet you. 8. Bye
This text can be the same, except for the names.
or 1. Hello 2. What do you like doing in your free time.? 3. I like reading books ( this can be different for each student based on his/her likes). 4. I don’t like studying maths. 5. I love snorkeling. 6. I hate shopping for clothes. 7. Bye.
or 1. Could you give me the menu, please? 2. What will you have? 3. I will have spaghetti bolognese.
4. Will you have anything to drink? 5. I will have still water. 6. Anythyhing else? 7. No, Thank you very much. 8. Can I pay by card?
This text can be also the same.
5) Do not forget the right pronunciation:) You can record the right pronunciation and send it to your partners or teach it each other on the Skype.
6) Each S records a video of himself/herself saying the phrases in all the languages. The group then creates one video of all group members. YOU will need to choose someone who will create the final video.
6) Store the video on youtube. You can make it private if you want and share only the link.
7) Create a special glog for your group in the glogster called ‘Language Exchange’. You can write the phrases there, add your names, who wants photos, and the video or others. The Czechs have an access. Polish too, probably. Turkish had a trial only.
8) Send the link to your glogster to your teacher.
tools you can use: mail, chat in the Twinspace, Skype, Facebook, youtube, youtube editor/movie maker or other, padlet (to share your ideas) or comments,
BE CREATIVE AS YOU WISH.
Ask your teacher for help if needed or write to the forum for help.
Deadline: 19 June
COLLABORATIVE ACTIVITY - GROUPS